Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

the book of james anew, page four

The book of james anew page four

I am beginning to realize that without some type of direction in my life I will continue living in this confused state of mind, I feel like im stuck on the ground floor of life, I see all kinds of doors to open, I just cant seem to pick one, I know I believe in the idea of Christianity, it seems to go with what is in my heart, but I cant wrap my mind around church, and as I talk to more and more people and get there opinions about church it continues to add to my confusion, I believe in the idea of church but i feel that the majority of churches are basically companies, with employees, so how does a person, like myself, who feels god in his heart, I know that he is with me, I cannot explain it, I just do, I feel like I have no where to go for answers, id like to think I could go to church for some guidance but for some reason I feel that the majority of churches have blinders on to any other agenda that is not there own, to me that doesn't seem very godly so my trust in what direction they would like to point me in is not there. Its not that I want to distrust the church system, I just do, I would love to hear good opinions about church from regular people, I really feel like todays society has lost its way.

james

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim! I couldnt agree more with your post!! You are absolutely right! It is very hard to find the "right" church. I believe the "right" church needs to begin with a pastor who has a sincere love and compassion for people. It also needs to having a loving congregation who accepts and welcomes everyone in with open arms and embraces people's paths and journeys instead of condemns them. I also think its important to find a church that does not promote religion but instead promoted a personal relationship with Jesus. I know that there are a lot of churches that act religious or self rightious and I would run in the opposite direction from those as well! You want to find a place with REAL people just like you not a place where people think they are better than someone else. I go to a church in San

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to a church called The Rock that has everything I was looking for and more! Here is a clip of todays message: http://vimeo.com/43642172
    You can watch The Rock church online every Sunday by going to: http://www.sdrock.com/live/
    The services are 8am, 10am, 12pm, 5pm & 7pm Pacific Time. I hope and pray that you find what you're looking for. :)) God Bless you Jim!

    ReplyDelete